Xero App Partner Landing Page Guide
To become Xero certified we require you to build a dedicated Xero landing page. Your landing page is linked to from your Xero marketplace listing, so it’s a great tool for you to generate leads.
It’s also where you can send potential customers to find out more about the value of using your product together with Xero.
While you’ve got complete creative freedom around messaging, branding and look and feel of the page, we ask you to adhere to Xero Partner Communication Guidelines and include the elements required by Xero.
We’ve put together this guide outlining some tips and tricks to help you create the best page possible.
1. Joint value proposition
- Include a 1-2 sentence value statement that clearly explains what business problem your app solves and/or the specific benefits it delivers. The value proposition is your elevator pitch, summarising the value of using your app.
- We recommend you put this as the page’s header, so it’s the first thing a visitor sees when they hit your landing page. You can also give it a headline to draw attention.
2. Call to action links
- Include a link to your signup form (or wherever you send customers to buy or trial your product), with a call to action - some examples you can use include “Get started with XX”, “Try XX for free”.
- Include a link to https://www.xero.com/signup/. The call to action should be“Try Xero for Free” (required). If you are using referral tracking to Xero, ensure to include your referral tracking code in the link to xero.com (see guideline 11, below)
- We recommend placing these links under your value proposition, as well as at the bottom of your landing page. That way, it’s easy for your customers to click through as soon as they arrive on the page, or after they’ve read the info.
3. Highlight the key benefits of integration
- Write a brief description of the benefits your users will get from connecting your app with Xero, and the features that support these (required)
- We recommend breaking it down into bullet points and/or including headings to make it easy to read and help customers quickly assess if the app is for them.
- Using pictures or diagrams can help visitors understand how your app works, without the need for a lot of copy.
- Include a screen image of your product and Xero’s. You can find the Xero screenshot to use in our partner resources folder (required).
- People connect with people, so photographs of customers using your app can help with increasing attention and engagement.
5. About your app
- Include a description of your app, emphasising the benefits it brings customers and challenges it helps solve.
- It’s a good chance to highlight its key features.
- You might want to break it down in bullets, or key headings for readability.
6. About Xero (required)
(Example only, please use html version)
7. Include the Xero App Logo (required)
- Please include our Xero Connected app logo. You can find a copy here.
- Please ensure it appears smooth and crisp, and isn’t distorted.
- You can find our more info on how to use this logo, in the Xero Partner Communication Guidelines.
8. Include a video
- A demo, or a video customer case study is a great way to show how your app works and explain its benefit in a way prospective customers can relate to.
9. How to connect (required)
- Include connection instructions/the setup procedure for a customer to get up and running with the integration.
- If it’s complicated or more than a few sentences, link out to your help / support documentation instead.
- Display a Data Flow Diagram to clearly show what data your integration interacts with and in which directions.
10. Customer Testimonials
- Showcase the the positive impact your integration has had for existing customers, by including a couple of testimonials. A demo, or a video customer case study is a great way to show how your app works and explain its benefit in a way prospective customers can relate to.
- You can include a short quote from each customer, highlighting key benefits and results they’ve experienced - make sure you include their name and job title for credibility. You can also include a photo.
11. Referral Tracking
- To ensure you can accurately track referrals from your listing in our Marketplace consider adding dedicated tracking to your web analytics software. For example if you’re using Google Analytics add UTM codes to track leads from Xero and let us know the full URL we should use in our Marketplace (optional, but recommended).
Landing page example