Stronger together: Xero + your app
As a Xero app partner, you’ve already built a solution to help businesses thrive.
Partnering with us is a powerful way to add even more value to your current and potential customers. This short guide offers some ideas on how you can demonstrate this value to help you succeed in the Xero app marketplace.
Your app’s value proposition
You’ve probably already got your app’s value proposition down pat. But just in case, here’s a quick refresher. A value proposition is essentially the reason a customer would choose your solution. It’s usually a clear statement that:
- explains how your app solves your customers’ problems or challenges
- outlines the specific benefits it delivers
- tells your ideal customer why they should choose your app (and what sets you apart from the competition – your key differentiator)
We recommend you include your value proposition in your Xero landing page header so it’s the first thing visitors see – it’s that important.
We’re better together
With the power of Xero and your app combined, our joint customers can unlock even greater productivity. We recommend investing the time to create a joint value proposition that encompasses this extra value. Here are some ways it can be useful:
- It gives you an elevator pitch for summarising how your app plus Xero can help your customers succeed. It can come in handy at industry events, like Xerocon, or any time you're speaking with an advisor or Xero customer.
- It can help your sales team win business by selling an overall solution – so use it to arm your sales team with info to help them boost conversions.
- It can be used as part of your marketing collateral and messaging.
Steps to create your joint proposition
The most compelling value propositions are clear, concise and include quantifiable outcomes. When creating your joint value proposition with Xero, here are the key things to include:
- A summary of your app and who it’s for
- How your integration with Xero makes life easier for your customers (focusing on their biggest challenges and pain points to keep it targeted)
- The tangible benefits it delivers – try and be as specific as you can here.
The information below about Xero can be useful for your sales team if they are pitching a joint solution or if they get questions from potential customers about how it works.
- Xero offers a central source of the truth: No matter how many bank feeds a customer uses or apps they connect with, Xero automatically brings it all together.
- Get paid faster for better cash flow: Easily create and send invoices with online payments and invoice reminders for faster payment.
- Run your business from anywhere: Access your business finances anytime, from any internet-connected device.
- Understand your up-to-date cash position: Know how you’re doing financially with daily updates from your bank accounts and credit cards.
- Collaborate with your accountant, bookkeeper and team: Invite your advisor to collaborate with you on your business in real time. And give your staff access to the areas they need to do their job.
- Protect your business data: Xero protects your data with multiple layers of security including industry-standard data encryption and secure data centres. It also offers two-step authentication as an additional layer of protection for your Xero account.
More questions on Xero? Our website is packed with info, including details of Xero’s specific features. You can also view our up-to-date pricing information here.