Become a Xero Add-on partner – Conversions
- Register your interest in becoming a partner
- Provide a conversion service to Xero
- Demonstrate your service to the Xero API team
- Run a successful pilot of the conversion service with a range of Xero customers
- Have sufficient end user documentation
- Produce a landing page on your website which describes your integration with Xero
- Publicize your service
Below we’ve broken down the steps to become a partner in more detail.
If you have not already been in contact with the API team, complete this form to register interest in becoming a partner. The Xero Add-on team will get in touch to discuss our partner programme in more detail.
- Certified conversion services should only import the following data into Xero: Chart of Accounts, Opening Balances, Outstanding Invoices & Contacts. This aligns with the current roadmap for automated conversion imports. Full transactional historical data can be imported for up to one year prior to the conversion date. Further Historical transactions may be supported in the future, but should be excluded for now.
- Services eligible for listing must provide published pricing and fixed prices for at least the core services offered.
- The conversion service must be a full service – it cannot be a tool that the end user utilizes themselves in order to convert to Xero.
- The service must have the involvement of at least one person who is Xero certified or be delivered by a certified Xero accounting or bookkeeping partner.
- Full support of the conversion process must be provided to end users.
- Conversion Add-on partners must be ready to use Xero import files and/or API import methods when they come available later in 2012. For now, we are prepared to certify partners that use other methods that meet our quality standards, provided partners are prepared to switch to the Xero prescribed import methods as they come available.
Once you’re ready with your integration, arrange a time with us to see a demo.
Your service will need to be tested in the real world with a range of Xero customers. We will require the contact details of at least two customers who have used the service to convert files to Xero.
Your support documentation should include an overview of the service, setup details, general usage instructions and FAQ’s. This information should be easily accessible by customers and for Xero to point customers at. Your documentation should be kept up to date.
When we’re comfortable you’ve completed our requirements above we’ll send you some brand guidelines detailing how you can use the Xero logo etc on your marketing material, website etc
You’ll need to produce a landing page for your website which contains details of:
- The scope of the integration – the features and benefits to customers
- Links to setup details, general instructions and FAQ’s
- We recommend a few short (1-3 min) screen casts are produced to demonstrate the scope of integration and how to get up and running
You’ll need to get Xero to review your landing page before you launch this.
We will work with you on creating a listing in our Add-on directory. We also need to make sure our sales and support teams are aware of your integration.
For your listing in the Xero Add-on directory, we require:
- Copy of your logo for display on a white background. Preferably two versions: 1 hi-res version, 1 small version for display in the Add-on directory with a width of 100px and max height of 100px
- Description text: maximum length of 150 characters including spaces. Should not include the title of your product as this will be displayed above the text.
We’re here to help so if you have any questions about becoming a partner please let us know.