Become a Xero Add-on partner
- Register your interest in becoming a partner
- Integrate your product with Xero
- Demonstrate your integration to the Xero API team
- Run a successful pilot of the integration with a range of Xero customers
- Have sufficient end user documentation
- Produce a landing page on your website which describes your integration with Xero
- Publicize your integration
Complete this form to register interest in becoming a partner. Our Xero Add-on & Developer API team will get in touch to discuss our partner programme in more detail.
Start by reading our getting started guide for developers . Here you’ll find information about how to sign up for a free Xero demo account and details about our developer API.
Once you’re a bit more familiar with our API we suggest you contact the Xero API team to discuss your intended integration in more detail. Our API team is based out of our global HQ in Wellington, New Zealand (GMT+13), but we can accomodate most timezones via web meetings if required. We can cover off any questions you have with Xero and the Xero Add-on partner programme. Please be prepared to give us a short web demonstration of your product.
We recommend you take an iterative approach and focus on getting a first version up and running with the basics as quickly as you can. If you have any questions during your development please don’t hesitate to contact our API team. We provide email and Skype support.
Once you’re ready with your integration, arrange a time with us to see a demo.
Your integration will need to be tested in the real world with a range of Xero customers. We can help with finding some pilot testers if required. Depending on the complexity of your integration the pilot will need to run until we’re comfortable the solution is working well.
Your support documentation should include an overview of the integration, setup details, general usage instructions and FAQ’s. This information should be easily accessible by customers and for Xero to point customers at. Your documentation should be kept up to date.
When we’re comfortable you’ve completed our requirements above we’ll send you some brand guidelines detailing how you can use the Xero logo etc on your marketing material, website etc
You’ll need to produce a landing page for your website which contains details of:
- The scope of the integration – the features and benefits to customers
- Links to setup details, general instructions and FAQ’s
- We recommend a few short (1-3 min) screen casts are produced to demonstrate the scope of integration and how to get up and running – this is optional, and could be on your integration setup page either.
Full details and sample content for Add-on partner landing pages is located here.
You’ll need to get Xero to review your landing page before you launch this.
We will work with you on creating a listing in our Add-on directory. We also need to make sure our sales and support teams are aware of your integration.
For your listing in the Xero Add-on directory, we require:
- Copy of your logo for display on a white background. Preferably two versions: 1 hi-res version, 1 small version for display in the Add-on directory with a width of 100px and max height of 100px
- Description text: maximum length of 150 characters including spaces. Should not include the title of your product as this will be displayed above the text.
We’re here to help so if you have any questions about becoming a partner please let us know.