Xero Payroll API
On 28th May 2012 Pacycle became fully integrated in Xero for Australian customers as Payroll in Xero.
1. What’s happening to the existing Paycyle API?
The existing Paycyle API will remain live and unchanged for the moment. The API reference for Paycyle has moved to http://developer.xero.com/paycycle-api
2. When will Xero’s Australian payroll functionality be accessible via the Xero API ?
We intend to offer this functionality in early 2013. We will keep you posted on progress over on Uservoice.
3. How will the Paycycle API be supported?
The Xero API team will provide email support (via firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Paycycle API from now.
4. When will the Paycycle API be decommissioned ?
Once the Xero API provides access to the Australian payroll features equivalent to the current Paycycle API we will advise all partners and individuals then still using the Paycycle API and give them a 90 days period to transition over to using the Xero API. You need to ensure you are subscribed to the developer mailing list to be notified of further details on this.
5. Where can I suggest features for the payroll API ?
We’ve setup a section on our UserVoice site for developers to keep track of your ideas. For now, please leave your suggestions on this general Uservoice thread.
6. When will integrated payroll be available for regions outside Australia?
There is currently no timeline for this – but keep an eye on the Xero blog and sign up for the Xero Developer newsletter to stay up to date with any news.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our API team if you have any other questions.